Posted by dsharron on March 5, 2010
Meetings – 7:30 p.m. – all held at the St. Catharines Museum at Lock 3, 1932 Welland Canal Parkway, St. Catharines, Ontario. Free admission. Doors open at 7:00. Guests are welcome.
March 25 – “History of St. John’s Anglican Church in Port Dalhousie” by Brian Leyton – Society Member – Come out and learn about the heritage of this well established church, its congregation and its connection to the community in this “fire-side” style presentation.
April 22 – Annual General Meeting and presentation: “Brock Monument Restoration” – by Peter Martin, Military Co-ordinator at Fort George. Mr. Martin will present a slide show and talk on the restoration of Brock’s Monument in preparation for the bicentennial of the War of 1812.
May 27 – “History of Local Mills and their Packaging Techniques” – by Nina Stahlschmidt, local quilter and author. A presentation and “trunk show” on local mills and their forms of packaging – from wooden barrels, to cloth bags, to paper. Nina will have many bags and quilts to show and invites members/guests to bring along any of their own bags to show and share.
For further information on Society gatherings, click on “Special Events”. Check back often for future presentations.
* Note: the St. Catharines Museum will generously open its traveling exhibit gallery for viewing a half hour before each meeting at no cost to the Society.
Posted in Historical Society, Meetings, St. Catharines, War of 1812 | Tagged: Churches, Isaac Brock, Manufacturers, Mills, War of 1812 | Leave a Comment »